Things the library staff wish they could get away with saying
- Staff: Hi, can I help you with anything?
- Patron: I want to check these out. *indicates giant pile of about 20 DVDs*
- Staff: I'm sorry but you'd only be allowed to take 4 of those out at a time.
- Patron: What?
- Staff: Our policy only allows patrons to take out 4 DVDs per card at one time.
- Patron: That's a stupid fucking policy.
- Staff: And yet it exists, and was put into place for situations exactly like this one. Beautiful, isn't it?
A book had what I thought was a piece of tape stuck on it, but was actually a dried up contact lens.
Anonymous asked: imagine a dragon who hoarded librarians and every so often knights come to rescue them and the librarians get very upset because the dragon is quiet and reshelves everything neatly and the knights are Very Annoying
can I just
Librarians and dragons?! YES PLEASE!!!
Let’s talk about libraries. Libraries! “Oh, hello, are you a person? Great, you’ve met our qualifications. Please enjoy unlimited borrowing of any number of any books. Do we not have the book you seek? Let us know and we will buy it so that you can read it. You will owe us nothing. Stay as long as you want.” Libraries are like pleasant, real-life morphine dreams.